FlashZilla Software and Guides
Download the 4.08 software here.
Download the PDF guide here.
Warning to 2010-2014 VW/Audi 2.0L TDI owners:If you have a Golf, Jetta, or Beetle, then before installing a tune in your vehicle, you should charge your battery at 12.5v to 13.5v or remove the radiator fan fuse. If you do not have a battery charger, then you can run jumper cables to another car that is running.
Warning to all VW/Audi owners with Polar FIS aftermarket device:If you have a Polar FIS device (an aftermarket product that customizes your instrument display), then it is strongly recommended that you remove it before reading or writing your ECU. We have received reports of engine start failure or weird instrument glitches. You can re-install Polar FIS after you have finished reading or writing your ECU.
- On your Windows computer, download the FlashZilla 3 software here and install it.
- Connect the FlashZilla 3 device to your computer using the provided USB cable (any A to mini-B USB cable will work).
- Start the FlashZilla 3 software on your computer and it should automatically detect the device, as well as update it (it may take 5 minutes).
Only if you have a 2009-2014 VW Golf, Jetta, Beetle, or Audi A3 TDI, do the following:
- Download this FlashZilla 3 template file.
- Import the template file in your FlashZilla 3 software, see below:
If you don't have a 2009-2014 2.0L TDI and if you don't see your engine code listed, then you can download this full template file.
Tap the "Tuning" icon (the first icon) in the FlashZilla 3's screen. Follow the prompts to read your car's original file.
- If you have a 2009-2014 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, or A3 TDI, then choose engine code CBAA (this should be the ONLY engine option that you'll see listed, if you performed the template update above).
- If you have a 2012-2014 Passat TDI, then choose engine code CKRA (under Passat VII).
- If you have a 2015+ Golf, Jetta, or Passat TDI, then choose engine code CRVA or CRLB (under Golf VII).
- If you have a 2011+ 3.0L TDI, then choose engine code CNRB OR CVVA.
If you see "Calibration file not found" message on FlashZilla's screen while trying to read the vehicle's ECU, then you will also see numbers that looks like this: 03L906019HH_8180. It simply means that a stock file matching your ECU is not in the online database yet. Please e-mail us all the numbers you see and let us know that you saw this error. If we have the stock file that matches this number, then we will upload it to the online database (this may take up to 24 hours during business days).
After we upload the stock file to the database, we will inform you. You will need to connect the device to your computer and start the FlashZilla software again. It will automatically update online. Then you can try reading your car again.
A battery charger or jump cable (connected to another car that's running) is recommended to stabilize your car's power during the ECU write operation. THIS IS REQUIRED for 2010-2014 Golf, Jetta, and Beetle. Pulling the radiator fan fuse is an alternative, but using a charger is still recommended.
Please contact us if you need assistance.